Literacy Narrative

A literacy narrative can be seemed to be a simple paper to start with. Writing about your personal experiences and what it means to you seems to be easy enough as long as you keep everything conform to the checklist. Admittedly, this was my initial thought process and as I was writing my first draft, I wrote freely on accounts of my memories that tied in to the purpose of it all being that english was not my first language and the struggles it brought growing up. As this was the major issue that plagued my early life, I figured this would be fine to write about but I realized that my own touch of original commentary was lacking. The foretold mention of a essay being boring if a straight story is the main consensus of it all was what I did. When I received feedback, the details of the timeline I set out were kept but I tied in my own personality to it to refresh the story to break it up a bit.

The essence of the story are there in detail with my own creative direction being wrapped up in it. I found it tricky to add other world perspectives besides the intro to the story but I tried my best nonetheless to make the final draft interesting with the original style of writing I use.